- Product Name: Recombinant Core Streptavidin 2 (r-cSA2)
- Catalog Number: NRPA18S
- Packaging Details: 1mg, 10mg, 100mg, 500mg
- Formulation: lyophilized from 5 mM PB (4 mM Na2HPO4, 1 mM NaH2PO4, pH 7.4)
- Mol. Weight: 13.3 kDa subunit; 53.2 kDa tetramer
- Pi theory: 6.09
- Theoretical activity: 18.3 U / mg protein (r-cSA2: Biotin = 1: 4 (mol: mol))
- Resources: Escherichia coli (E. coli)
- Purity: ≥95% by SDS-PAGE analysis
- Test activity: ≥16 U / mg protein (determined by NUPTEC according to the modified green method)
- Storage condition: -20 oC
- Storage duration: 3 years
Streptavidin is a homotetrameric protein found in the culture broth of Streptomyces avidin. Similar to avidin, one mole of streptavidin can bind 4 moles of biotin with a high affinity virtually unmatched in nature. Streptavidin lacks the carbohydrate side chains found in avidin and has an isoelectric point close to neutral.
Therefore, it has a reduced non-specific binding level compared to avidin. Streptavidin has been widely applied in various biological fields, such as ELISA, IHC, TRFIA, PCR quantification, isolation of single-stranded nucleotides, purification of biomolecules, and production of monoclonal antibodies.
Compared to native streptavidin, the stability and solubility of r-cSA2 is improved by eliminating the sequence unrelated to activity. Compared to r-CSA (nrpa09), the amino acid sequence of this product does not contain cysteine, so no reduction therapy is required.